Thematic Head:Dr. Yabs John
International business comprises all commercial transactions that take place between two or more regions, countries and nations beyond their political boundaries. Usually, private companies undertake such transactions for profit; governments undertake them for profit and for political reasons. It refers to all those business activities which involve cross border transactions of goods, services, resources between two or more nations. Transaction of economic resources include capital, skills, people etc. for international production of physical goods and services such as finance, banking, insurance, construction etc. Importance International Business Education:
- Most companies are either international or compete with international companies.
- Modes of operation may differ from those used domestically.
- The best way of conducting business may differ by country.
- An understanding helps you make better career decisions.
- An understanding helps you decide what governmental policies to support.
The International Business standards focus on the following:
- raising awareness of the interrelatedness of one country's political policies and economic practices on another;
- learning to improve international business relations through appropriate communication strategies;
- understanding the global business environment—that is, the interconnected-ness of cultural, political, legal, economic, and ethical systems;
- exploring basic concepts underlying international finance, management, marketing, and trade relations; and
- Identifying forms of business ownership and international business opportunities.
By focusing on these, students will gain a better understanding of the Political economy. These are tools that would help future business people bridge the economical and political gap between countries. There is an increasing amount of demand for business people with an education in International Business.
- MEMBERS OF THE THEMATIC AREA
- MASTER OF BUSINESS ADMINISTRATION (INTERNATIONAL BUSINESS OPTION)
- Thematic Graduants